MK-III RTN-LR Weather Station
Long Range MK-III Weather Station without Rain Gauge
The MK-III weather station offers improved durability and serviceability. This sleek new design is 33 inches high and weighs just over 7 pounds. It is the most accurate, durable and easiest to install weather station available.
The long-range MK-III-LR features a powerful new 2.4 GHz spread spectrum radio that increases range to 1-mile line of sight. It also features an industry best, real time 2 second wind speed and direction update interval.
- The solar charged battery supply is guaranteed to operate below 60 degrees latitude. The MK-III will operate for at least 60 days without sun.
- Since there is no connection between the sensors and the power line, damage from thunderstorms is virtually eliminated and the sensors are immune to power line voltage surges.
- The initial sensor calibrations for wind, temperature, relative humidity and barometric pressure are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- The passive solar shield for the temperature and humidity sensors are modeled after the ones designed by the National Weather Service. All materials used in the weather station and weather instruments have been chosen for their durability and resistance to weathering and corrosion.
- All of our weather station hardware is stainless steel. The station is fabricated from fiberglass and structural PVC and is ultra-violet inhibited. The optional Mono Mount is made from powder coated steel and is supplied with bolts for mounting.