The official weather station authorized by the Network for Environment and Weather Applications. (NEWA). This station has been designed to specifically support the agricultural community with the following key sensors:
- Leaf Wetness
- Wind Speed and Direction
- Solar Radiation
*Soil moisture and soil temperature sensors need to be purchased separately.
The sleek design is 33 inches high and weighs just over 7 pounds and has been designed to offer durability and serviceability. It is the most accurate, durable and easiest to install weather station available.
The AgroMET also features a powerful 2.4 GHz spread spectrum radio with a transmission range of up to 1 mile in the line of sight. It also features an industry best, real time 2 second wind speed and direction update interval.
Please note: To receive the readings and display them on a computer, wall display, or cloud based system, a receiving unit is required. Receiving units that work with this device are:
- The solar charged battery supply is guaranteed to provide continues operation below 60 degrees latitude. The MK III will operate for at least 60 days without sun.
- Since there is no connection between the sensors and the power line, damage from thunderstorms is virtually eliminated and the sensors are immune to power line voltage surges.
- The initial sensor calibrations for wind, temperature, relative humidity and barometric pressure are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- The passive solar shield for the temperature and humidity sensors are modeled after the ones designed by the National Weather Service. All materials used in the weather station and weather instruments have been chosen for their durability and resistance to weathering and corrosion.
- All of our weather station hardware is stainless steel. The station is fabricated from fiberglass and structural PVC and is ultra-violet inhibited. The optional Mono Mount is made from powder coated steel and is supplied with bolts for mounting.