PortLog - Weather Station
Portable Weather Station
The PortLog is a compact rugged industrial grade data logging weather station. The unit is fully assembled and can be quickly deployed. The large 3-Watt solar panel and 4AH sealed lead acid battery ensures reliable operation in the harshest conditions.
PortLog is our most rugged and compact portable weather station. The large 3-Watt solar panel and 4AH sealed lead acid battery allows it to operate in the harshest conditions.
- Data storage for up to 9 months at a one-hour logging rate. The rate can be adjusted down to one minute.
- Memory can be configured to wrap or stop logging when full. In wrapping mode, the oldest record is replaced with the newest. Memory upgrades are available for extended logging applications.
- Wind speed records peak, average speed and average direction. The remaining parameters are instantaneous readings.
- Data is output in comma-delimited text (CSV) and Microsoft Excel can be used to view, graph and manipulate the data.
- Patent pending wind direction sensor that provides 1-degree resolution with no dead band. The wind speed sensor features race bearings, which offer excellent longevity and a low starting threshold.
- Precision barometer reports absolute atmospheric pressure but can be corrected for altitude. Corrections are made using the supplied software.
- Data can be retrieved from the PortLog using a notebook computer, Windows Mobile PDA, landline modem or cellular modem. An additional power source will be required to power communication equipment.
The PortLog will record the following parameters:
- Wind Speed
- Wind Direction
- Dew Point
- Solar radiation
All sensors are NIST traceable.
Calibration services are also available.
The PortLog is normally supplied with a tough carrying case. The case will carry the PortLog, tripod and accessories. Accessories include a hammer, battery charger and hand held compass.
The tripod can be quickly assembled and includes a ground anchor. One person can easily deploy the weather station in a few minutes. The PortLog can also be supplied without the tripod and carrying case.
The PORTLOG is guaranteed for five years.