PG/H Heated Precipitation Gauge
Heated Precipitation Sensor
The RainWise model PG/H industrial tipping bucket precipitation gauge is constructed from anodized aluminum and stainless steel to provide years of precision recording of any type of precipitation.
Due to overwhelming demand, this item can not ship for approximately 1-2 weeks. Orders placed today will ship as soon as more inventory is available.
The tipping bucket is molded from a specially formulated plastic that has a very low surface tension coefficient. The weight of the water required to make the bucket tip produces a momentary switch closure that is equal to 0.01 inch/0.25mm of rainfall. This momentary pulse may be used in a system to determine either rainfall amount and/or rate. The same tip that produces the pulse also dumps the bucket so that the gauge never requires emptying.
- The tipping bucket sensor is mounted on stainless steel instrument bearings and housed in an anodized aluminum case.
- The unit has a built-in bubble level to facilitate installation.
- An insect/ debris screen is also provided.
- The gauge is heated with two molded rubber electric heaters which are controlled by a built-in thermostat. These heaters are factory set to operate at 35° F (1° C).
- Mounting options include flange feet for mounting on a flat surface or the RainWise Monopod adapter which allows for easy installation and removal.
- 5-year warranty