PG/H Heated Precipitation Gauge
Heated Precipitation Sensor
The RainWise model PG/H industrial tipping bucket precipitation gauge is constructed from anodized aluminum and stainless steel to provide years of precision recording of any type of precipitation.
The tipping bucket is molded from a specially formulated plastic that has a very low surface tension coefficient. The weight of the water required to make the bucket tip produces a momentary switch closure that is equal to 0.01 inch/0.25mm of rainfall. This momentary pulse may be used in a system to determine either rainfall amount and/or rate. The same tip that produces the pulse also dumps the bucket so that the gauge never requires emptying.
- The tipping bucket sensor is mounted on stainless steel instrument bearings and housed in an anodized aluminum case.
- The unit has a built-in bubble level to facilitate installation.
- An insect/ debris screen is also provided.
- The gauge is heated with two molded rubber electric heaters which are controlled by a built-in thermostat. These heaters are factory set to operate at 35° F (1° C).
- Mounting options include flange feet for mounting on a flat surface or the RainWise Monopod adapter which allows for easy installation and removal.
- 5-year warranty